[ Previous ] [ Home ] [ Next ]
Written by: Ian Hickman
What are Red and Orange links
A red link is when a paper sites another paper by its arXiv reference.
An orange link is when a paper sites another paper by its name and/or journal reference. The software stores a database of the names of all the papers in the archive, if the paper is there it links to it, although no explicit arXiv reference were given.
At this time we can only identify about 21% of all the citations. The other 79% cite papers before arXiv started or cite papers that just aren't in arXiv. The proptions of identified links are shown below.
Currently these links are theoretical and have not been implemented in the arXiv although the figures we have would be real if they were.
[ Previous ] [ Top ] [ Home ] [ Next ]